Community Development Account
- Any individual member of the First Nation over the age of eighteen (18) years or under the age of eighteen (18) years, if the application is completed by a parent or guardian of the Individual Member, may apply to the Trustees for funding of a Community Development Project or activity.
- The Maximum Amount an Individual can apply for is $2,000.00
- To ensure that adequate funding is made available to all Members, once an Individual has received funding under the individual member category, that applicant is Ineligible to apply for 3 years.
- The maximum number of Individual member category applications that may be considered by the Trustees for any individuals within the same residence or housing unit shall be limited to maximum of three (3) applications per year.
All business applications for funding under this category must be completed by the following: By the First Nation or any individual Member in relation to a sole proprietorship business to which the applicant owns or any incorporated business entity, joint venture or limited partnership for which a minimum of 51% or more of the shares or ownership interest is held by the First Nation or an individual Member or Members.
- Copy of Incorporation documents, Partnership Agreement, Joint Venture Agreement, or other supporting documents verifying the applicant’s share or ownership interest in the business entity for which funding is sought.
- Corporate Registry Number (Required)
- A complete description of the proposed Community Development project or activity to be funded.
- Business Plan (Newly established business) – Projected financial statements for Applicant’s Business for the 3 years.
- Business Plan (Existing Business) – Financial Statements for the previous (2) years of operation.
Business Category Deadline Dates:
- Applications under this category may be submitted by the Council on behalf of the First Nation or any unincorporated association or charitable group which is operated exclusively by members of the First Nation;
- in the context of applications received from the Council on behalf of the First Nation, each application shall be required to contain the following information and be accompanied by the following supporting documents:
(i) the name on each application shall be listed as the “Kahkewistahaw First Nation”;
(ii) each application must be accompanied by a Band Council Resolution as executed by the Council which contains a complete description of the proposed Community Development project or activity for which funding is being sought and the total amount of funding being requested; and
(iii) the application must be signed on behalf of the First Nation by the Chief or a member of the Council or a designated program or department manager of the First Nation;
- in the context of applications received from any unincorporated association or charitable group operating on or off the First Nation and which is operated exclusively by Members of the First Nation, each application shall be required to contain the following information and be accompanied by the following supporting documents:
(i) the names of the individual Member or Members submitting the application;
(ii) the application, along with a BCR, must be accompanied, at a minimum, by (1) of the following supporting documents, where applicable:
- If an individual Member submits a request, they will be required to have a letter of support for the community project or activity, with fifty (50) Members’ signatures, that are over the age of 18 years old.
- A letter of support from a provincial, federal department or any other organization, in respect of the proposed Community Development project or activity.
Top of Page